Linde needed to overhaul their field servicing and parts distribution processes. Siloed teams, disconnected systems, and a lack of visibility were all creating difficulties in scheduling and day-to-day operations, as well as impacting overall customer satisfaction and business performance.
The main challenges they faced were:
• Poor visibility of parts distribution, which made it difficult to schedule jobs efficiently.
• Excess travel times for field service technicians.
• Low SLA compliance and CSAT performance.
• Inefficient vendor management.
• Cost inefficiencies.
Droppoint mapped out Linde’s critical issues, and worked closely with them to implement practical solutions that supported their operational needs while solving their challenges.
With Droppoint’s Materials Orchestration System (MOS) in place as a central source of truth, all Linde staff across the country– from head office to the warehouse to out in the field – now have the full visibility they need to ensure the best outcomes.The team can now schedule jobs with ease, as well as track, ship and deliver items in a timely manner to ensure field technicians have the parts and materials required to meet SLAs and keep jobs moving and on time.
The MOS app has also given technicians greater sense of control and empowerment, with the ability to clearly see what jobs they’ve got on, where parts are, and then plan their day and travel accordingly. As a result, technician downtime has reduced and both the CSAT and SLA compliance vastly improved. Droppoint’s expansive network of in-field inventory sites has also streamlined the pickup/returns process for technicians, and the flexible option to set up a Droppoint site close to a job’s location is proving hugely beneficial.
With Droppoint, Linde now enjoys:
• Greater visibility of parts shipments and deliveries.
• Extended cut-off time for parts shipping, reducing delays.
• A single platform for all teams across the country to track and manage the distribution of parts and access relevant field servicing job information.
• Direct NDC distribution, which saves time and eliminates double handling.
• Improved returns process.
• Easier access to lower volume parts for redistribution.
• Extended cut-off time for shipping of parts.
Furthermore, the accuracy and honesty provided by Droppoint in their ongoing performance reports and operational insights has provided Linde total confidence that they are a partner dedicated to optimising Linde’s performance, resolving problems at speed and unlocking new opportunities.
• Increase in field service technician uptime.
• Improved CSAT and SLA compliance.
• Improved visibility of parts movement.
• Streamlined and organised logistics management.
• Significantly better service in WA and SA for lower total cost.
• More engaged and collaborative workforce.